Tuesday, May 7, 2013

1/2 Marathon Recap: Lessons Learned


Starting line photo!  Let the games  race begin...


I totally exceeded any expectations I had for my first half, I finished in a respectable 2 hours and 1 minute FLAT!  That's my celebratory dance


So for those of you who might not know my mother passed away last year from complications of breast cancer, so naturally this run was for her!


I also ran in support of #weareboston, #bostonstrong, because they messed with the wrong city!

 

We inacted a little finish line rewind with Kate, I came across the finish line and everyone missed it!  So naturally what did I do, ran back out and finished the race again with Kate :)

Cinco de Mayo celebration at Jalepeno's in Gloucester, MA.  DElicous mexican delites for this fun, festive and celebratory day!











I wanted to end with a brief recap of the things that I learned from doing my first half marathon that will better prepare me for the future
  1. Instate a better pre-race warm up.  Simply bending over and touching my toes and a couple quad stretches was relatively insufficient
  2. Incorporate more foam rolling and yoga into my everyday routine
  3. Fuel, Fuel, FUEL! (and not with Margaritas and quesadillas) hehe




No comments:

Post a Comment