Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thirsty Thursday

Hello Everyone, this is my very first blog post and I've decided to take on the topic of water consumption.  Many people don't get enough water everyday.  The recommended daily amount are for Men 3 liters, and women 2.2 liters (mayoclinic.com)  Which is a little bit more than the 8-8oz glasses.  Water is so important because it flushes the toxins out of your body,carries nutrients to the cells, and more importantly it keeps your skin looking fresh.  Which is sooo important :)  Exercise also helps keep you looking young and fresh (but that's another blog post)



SO...basically you need to be drinking a glass of water every hour and more if your living an active healthy lifestyle!  

I'm running my first 1/2 marathon on May 5th in Gloucester, MA and I can't wait, but I need to make sure I'm staying hydrated so I can make it to the end.  Also important for the 1/2 is nutrition so I've been doing some research on different types of energy supplements to get me to the end.  So I ordered the GU Performance Sampler Pack and received it in the mail last night:


Can't wait to try this out on my long run on Sunday with +Kate Picariello and I'll give it a review on my Monday blog

Have a Happy Thursday Everyone!  And remember, "Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy!" ~ Cynthia Nelms (writer)


No comments:

Post a Comment